The WV Open & WV CrossFit State Championship is the premiere CrossFit competition in the State of West Virginia pitting the best athletes in the State against one another each year to determine a true "Fittest in the Mountain State!"
In 2016 the event is being managed and hosted for the first time by CrossFit Huntington. Also for the first time, a 15 box committee has been established to make critical decisions related to the Championship. Decisions are being made by an absolute majority vote of the committee.
CrossFit athletes across the State are also encouraged to invite other athletes to the event so that no one is left out of important updates
The 2016 WV Open qualifier for the 2016 WV CrossFit State Championship begins at 10:00 p.m. on Sunday - July 31, 2016 and ends Thursday - August 11, 2016 at 10:00 p.m.
The 2016 WV CrossFit State Championship is scheduled for Saturday - August 27, 2016 at CrossFit Huntington in Huntington, WV.
The 2016 WV Open consists of four WODs over two weeks; allowing CrossFit athletes from across West Virginia to objectively compare themselves to one another! The top on-line qualifiers in the State are invited to the on-site championship. Cost for the 2016 WV Open is $25.00 (no registration fees).
The cost for the WV CrossFit Championship is reduced in 2016 to $40.00 (no registration fees).
Five dollars from every WV Open registration and 100% of State Championship entry fees will go towards, meals, t-shirts, trophies and prize money for participating athletes and volunteers.
* New for 2016, we are awarding $3000.00 in prize money!
* All State Championships invitees, judges and volunteers will receive a Next Level 60/40 championship shirt.
* All podium finishers will receive a top quality trophy and prize money.
* All WODs for both the 2016 WV Open & 2016 WV CrossFit State Championship are being written by Ben Smith - Fittest Man on Earth of CrossFit Krypton and Krypton Satellite Programming.
* Divisions for 2016 are Teens 13-15, Teens 16-18, Masters 40-49, Master 50+ and Open.
* We will invite the top 6 in the Teen and Masters 50+ divisions, the top 12 in Masters 40-49 and the the top 18 in the Open division.
* Judges for the 2016 event are Level 1 volunteers from a 15 box State Championship committee.
Questions can be posted on the event page, e-mailed to email@example.com or called to (304) 300-0939.