updates from the Box 01/26/2017
Updates from the box….Happy 2017!
- ROM WOD- Our Sunday 3:30pm ROM WOD class is going really well with lots of members participating. ROM WOD is designed to help optimize your range of motion, increase your athletic performance, and help promote recovery. This class will be held every Sunday at 3:30. Coach Darian and Coach Brandon are leading this class. Many of us struggle with different mobility issues and this class will be a great way to learn how to improve on this. Please be on time since this is only a 30 minute session.
- OLY lifting meet- Our non-sanctioned CrossFit Style Olympic Lifting Meet is scheduled to be held next Saturday February 4th. As of today we only have a few signed up. Please register if you are planning on attending and help us get the word out to other athletes in the area who may want to compete. There will be a fee for entry and prizes will be awarded. You can register at www.eventbrite.com.
- Foundations $20.17- We will offer foundations for $20.17 for one more week starting on Monday January 30th. This will be our last foundations class at that rate. Please help spread the word for us by sharing our posts on social media and telling your friends and families about CFH. As always, our best referrals come from our members. We appreciate everyone you have sent to us and continue to refer to us!
- Massage Therapy is at CFH!- We are still taking weekly appointments with our massage therapist, Mandi Wilson. She is offering Swedish, deep tissue, sports, prenatal and geriatric massage. Appointments can be scheduled each week by notifying Amy or signing up on the sheet by the whiteboard. Prices per session will be $30.00 for 30 minutes and $60.00 for 1 hour. A discount will be offered to military and first responders with proper ID. She will accept cash and checks only for payment at this time. Once again, please check the whiteboard for available time slots.
Groups- On Sunday January 8th we began our 6 week macro challenge. We had a total of 38 people sign up to participate and ended up with 7 teams. Each team has come up with a name and have created a private Facebook group to help support and encourage one another during this challenge. After the 6 weeks is up, we will choose 1 team winner and 1 individual winner. This will be determined by total percentage of pounds lost during the 6 weeks. It seems like all of the teams are really doing well at this point and the energy and enthusiasm at the box is amazing! Keep up the good work and best of luck to everyone. At the end of this challenge look for us to start a new one for those of you who may have missed out this time. As always, please reach out to Coach Tom or Shanna our dietitian for any advice or questions you may have.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook.
- 2017 Festivus Games- Once again, CrossFit Huntington is planning on hosting The Festivus Games. Categories include Novice, Intermediate and 45 plus masters Athletes. This one isn’t for the RX or Fire Breathers. The first 15 athletes save $10.00 off the regular entry price and receive a free Athlete shirt. This event will be held on Saturday April 22, 2017. Registration is open now so get in early, secure your spot, save $$ and get the free shirt! Check out the WODS at https://festivusgames.com/divisions then click https://festivusgames.com/register/588/ to register.
- 2017 CrossFit Open- It’s hard to believe it is almost time for the annual CrossFit Open. Each year we have had several members compete and push themselves to the max. A lot of PR’s happen and even some 1st time muscle ups! Registration began on January 12th and will continue until the open workouts are released on February 23rd. You can register on games.crossfit.com. Workouts are released on Thursdays at 8pm, and athletes have 4 days to complete the workout for the week and submit their score. Scores are due before Monday 8pm the following week. This will go on for 5 weeks. Coach Darian will be programming the open WODs for the regular classes so if you decide to participate, we highly encourage you to come in and complete the Open WOD the day coach Darian programs it. You must be judged and your scores validated when they are entered. This is a very exciting time at the box and really brings a lot of energy to us all. Coaches Tom and Darian both have qualified to compete at the Atlantic Regionals for the past 3 years based off of their open rankings at the end of 5 weeks. Best of luck to each one of you who decide to register. You will have an entire box of fans cheering you on each week!
And finally…. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Thu, January 26, 2017
by Amy Ash