updates from the Box 02/27/2017
Updates from the box….
- ROM WOD- Our Sunday 3:30pm ROM WOD class is going really well with lots of members participating. ROM WOD is designed to help optimize your range of motion, increase your athletic performance, and help promote recovery. This class will be held every Sunday at 3:30. Coach Darian and Coach Brandon are leading this class. Many of us struggle with different mobility issues and this class will be a great way to learn how to improve on this. Please be on time since this is only a 30 minute session.
- Foundations – Our next foundations class starts tonight February 27th at 7pm. Please help spread the word for us by sharing our posts on social media and telling your friends and families about CFH. As always, our best referrals come from our members. We appreciate everyone you have sent to us and continue to refer to us!
- Protein order- We will be placing another order for UMP on Wednesday March 1. Look for it to arrive at the box by Friday. If you have any flavor requests, let Jeff or Amy know by Wednesday.
- T-shirts- We are in the process of coming up with a new t-shirt and tank design. We should have something finalized and an order placed by next week. Check out TigerBlood Café for updates.
Challenge- Congratulations once again to the winners of our 2017 Macro Challenge. Overall we lost a total of 214.9# with our 38 participants. Overall winner with a total percentage of weight lost was Lindsay Harrison at 7.5%. Winner of most pounds lost was Katie Robinson at 17.2#. Team winner was “Miso Hungary” with a team average of 4.34%.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook.
- 2017 Festivus Games- Once again, CrossFit Huntington is planning on hosting The Festivus Games. Categories include Novice, Intermediate and 45 plus masters Athletes. This one isn’t for the RX or Fire Breathers. The deadline to register and receive a free Athlete shirt is tomorrow February 28th. As of today we have close to 40 athletes registered. This event will be held on Saturday April 22, 2017. Check out the WODS at https://festivusgames.com/divisions then click https://festivusgames.com/register/588/ to register. We will also be creating a page for volunteers soon. If you want to be added to the volunteer page let Amy or Jeff know.
- 2017 CrossFit Open- Our “Friday Night Lights” began last Friday after the release of 17.1 on Thursday evening. The excitement and energy in the box was AMAZING! Big shout out to those who registered to compete and to those who stopped in to help us support everyone. A few reminders to the athletes moving forward. It’s our belief as Owners and Coaches at CFH that we push you to uphold standards that you are taught every time you WOD. These standards become even more important during competition time when you are being judged and held accountable to those standards. If you are participating in the Open, we will only be allowing you to be judged by a Coach or a member who has taken their Judges Certification Course. Darian will be programming the WOD’s on Fridays so we encourage you to plan on performing them on that day. We will make sure we have plenty of judges around so we can keep things moving as efficiently as possible for everyone. If you are in the regular class and not participating in the Open we want to thank you in advance for your patience if things become hectic. If you cannot perform the Open Workout on Friday’s, please reach out to one of the coaches and let us know so we can make arrangements to come in and judge you. The coach on duty may not be free to do this during regular class times on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Each year we have had several members compete and push themselves to the max. A lot of PR’s happen and even some 1st time muscle ups! You can still register on games.crossfit.com up until tonight. Workouts are released on Thursdays at 8pm, and athletes have 4 days to complete the workout for the week and submit their score. Scores are due before Monday 8pm the following week. This will go on for 5 weeks. Jeff and I will be validating scores by the Monday of each week so if you do not see your ranking at first that is why. This is a very exciting time at the box and really brings a lot of energy to us all. Coaches Tom and Darian both have qualified to compete at the Atlantic Regionals for the past 3 years based off of their open rankings at the end of 5 weeks. Best of luck to each one of you who decide to register. You will have an entire box of fans cheering you on each week!
And finally…. “Performance is directly correlated with intensity, intensity is directly correlated with discomfort.” Greg Glassman, Founder of CrossFit
Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Mon, February 27, 2017
by Amy Ash