updates from the Box 03/24/2017
Updates from the box…
- ROM WOD- Our Sunday 3:30pm ROM WOD class is going really well with lots of members participating. ROM WOD is designed to help optimize your range of motion, increase your athletic performance, and help promote recovery. This class will be held every Sunday at 3:30. Coach Darian and Coach Brandon are leading this class. Many of us struggle with different mobility issues and this class will be a great way to learn how to improve on this. Please be on time since this is only a 30 minute session.
- Foundations – Our next foundations class starts Monday March 27th at 7pm. Please help spread the word for us by sharing our posts on social media and telling your friends and families about CFH. As always, our best referrals come from our members. We appreciate everyone you have sent to us and continue to refer to us!
- Protein order- Plenty of UMP protein in stock. All flavors available! This product can be added to your honor charge sheet if you choose to do so.
- T-shirts- New shirts and tanks are in and will be at the box this evening or sometime this weekend. We have a new design and will have various sizes. Thank you for your patience with us on this. We are excited to now have women’s muscle tanks and a few men’s tanks. Cost is $25.00 and these can also be added to your honor charges.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook.
- 2017 Festivus Games- Festivus Games 2017 are just around the corner. As of today, we only have 2 spots remaining. If you registered in time to receive a t-shirt or tank, check with me this week and I will get yours to you. If you have any issues with sizing you MUST contact the t-shirt company directly. Jeff or I cannot change out sizes. This event will be held on Saturday April 22, 2017.
- Festivus Volunteers- We now have a Facebook page for volunteers. Please check this often for any updates. We will not be purchasing volunteer t-shirts this year, however, we will be providing you with a meal ticket for a free lunch. Smoke ‘em if you Got ‘em will be our food vendor. We invited them as a vendor for the WV State Competition and everyone seemed to really enjoy their food. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered so far to help us out. We will be assigning roles to you soon and letting you know what time we will need you on the day of the event. Jeff and I appreciate each one of you so much. Our volunteers are what allows us to continue to hold such successful events each year. If you want to be added to the volunteer page let Amy or Jeff know.
- 2017 CrossFit Open- Our “Friday Night Lights” is coming to a close this week. The excitement and energy in the box has been AMAZING! Big shout out once again to those who registered to compete and to those who stopped in to help us support everyone. Each one of you are and always will be “1st place” in our eyes! Thank you as well to all of the members who did not compete, but remained patient with us while we gave the competitors time to do their workouts and be judged as needed. As always we were able to see several PR’s this year and see several of you step out of your comfort zones to do things you never thought you would be able to.
- CFH Spring Cleaning- We are planning to do some spring cleaning on Saturday April 15th starting around 1:00pm. If you would like to stop by and lend us a hand we would love to have you. I have a detailed list broken down area by area so we can get in and get out hopefully in a couple of hours. This is the weekend before Festivus and we want to make CFH SHINE!!! :)
And finally…. “Most often, it is not the workout that gets us out of bed in the morning. It is the friendships and unspoken bonds of those counting on us to show up”
Much love, Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Fri, March 24, 2017
by Amy Ash