Updates from the Box 07/14/2017
Updates from the box…is back and we have a LOT to talk about!!!
- ROM WOD/Yoga with V- We are still holding ROM WOD on Sunday’s at 3:30 as well as our weekly yoga class on Wednesday’s at 5:00pm with V. This 30 minute session, along with our weekly 1 hour yoga class is a great way to boost your overall performance, optimize your Range of Motion and accelerate your recovery. Look for weekly posts by V on TigerBlood Café to sign up for yoga. No need to sign up for ROM WOD since space is not limited for that class.
- Foundations – Our next foundations class starts Monday July 17th at 7pm. Please help spread the word for us by sharing our posts on social media and telling your friends and families about CFH. As always, our best referrals come from our members. We appreciate everyone you have sent to us and continue to refer to us! Also remember, a referral will knock off a space on that BINGO card!
- BINGO- Speaking of Bingo…I hope all of you are participating in our game for the month of July. If you have not picked up your card yet, please grab one off of the desk soon. If you complete a row, and hit Bingo, you can turn your card in for a chance to win a prize at the end of the month. There is no limit as to how many cards you can have. If you fill an entire card, you will be entered into a drawing for an even bigger prize. So far everyone who is participating seems to be having a blast. We love all of the posts, pics and check in’s we have been seeing. So grab a card and jump in on the fun!
- Protein order- We have a few containers Chocolate left at the desk of UMP. We will be placing another order later on this month. This product can be added to your honor charge sheet if you choose to do so.
- T-shirts- We still have some of the newer black CrossFit Huntington T-shirts and tanks available at the desk. Cost is $25.00 and these can also be added to your honor charges. We are running a special on the older red and green t-shirts and grey women’s tanks. Cost on these are now $20.00.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook. She has a list posted on the white board for appointments coming up on Wednesday July 19th from 5-6:60 and on Tuesday July 25th from 5-6:30p. We encourage each of you to take advantage of this FREE addition to your membership.
- 2017 Festivus Team Games- Fall Festivus Team Games 2017 are just around the corner. If you register by August 31, you will receive a discount and your t-shirt will be included. Grab a friend and get registered soon! We will only open up to 40 teams so spots will sell out quickly. This event will be held on Saturday October 14, 2017.
- Festivus Volunteers- Jeff will be creating a Facebook group for volunteers for Fall Festivus. I know many of you are planning to sign up to participate, however, if you are not participating we would LOVE to have you volunteer to help. We will need judges, as well as people to help register and do scoring. As usual, we will provide lunch for all of our volunteers. Please let Jeff know soon if you can help so he can add you to the Facebook group page. WE appreciate each one of you so much. Our volunteers are what allows us to continue to hold such successful events each year.
- CIVIL WAR- by popular demand, we will be hosting our annual Civil War Games again this year. Look for more information to come soon on dates and where to sign up. If you are new to CrossFit Huntington, this is a fun competition that is only open to our members. If you decide to sign up, you will be assigned to a team of approximately 6-8 people. Your team will compete against other teams from CrossFit Huntington to claim the Title of 2017 Civil War Games Champion. This event is fun and is open to everyone at CFH regardless of how long you have been with us.
- Run Club- During the month of July we are mixing it up some in run club and doing some more fun runs that are being programmed by various members who participate in run club weekly. We have had an awesome turnout and are having a blast…even in the 96 degree temps yesterday! Moving into August, we will begin our training for the Marshall ½ or full marathon to be held in early November. Last year we had 20 participants from CrossFit Huntington, with several who had never completed a ½ Marathon. This year we would like to open up run club to nonmembers of CHF who would like to join us in training for the ½ or full marathon. So please help us spread the word to your friends who may not want to join CrossFit, but are interested in participating in run club only. If they reach out to me, I will give them pricing information. If you have never participated in run club, we would love to have you join us on Monday’s and Thursday’s at 6pm.
- Coming soon!- We will be offering a class for kids ages 5-12 starting in August. This class will be held 2 days a week with an additional weekend day once a month. Class space will be limited to 10 kids so if you are interested, let us know soon and we will add you to the list. More information, including pricing, class times and days, t-shirt sales and coaching details to come soon. Once we finalize a name, we will start promoting the class and doing pre-orders for T-shirts. Profit from the sale of the t-shirts will help purchase equipment for the kids class. We are excited to get this started and give our box kids a chance to workout like mom and dad.
- Back to School Supplies- We are currently collecting school supplies to be donated to a few local schools. We would like to have enough items to fill 12 backpacks. A list of needed items is located at the desk. If you can help purchase any of the items, please write your name in on the list so we do not have any duplications of items. Thank you in advance for your help with this project.
- CrossFit Countdown Competition- CrossFit Countdown in Ashland is hosting a competition on Saturday August 5th @9:00am. The competition is titled MS Messed With The Wrong Girl and is a fund raiser for one of their members Lynn Bailey who has MS and is saving up for a devise to help her walk. We would love to take a large group down and help support Lynn. You can register by clicking the link www.wodrocket.com and choosing MS Messed with the wrong girl. There are several categories to choose from and the cost is $25.00.
- CrossFit Thunder Competition- CrossFit Thunder is also hosting a competition soon as well. Their 2nd annual Babes with Barbells will be held on Saturday September 24. They have various divisions to choose from and offer a discount if you sign up early. Cost is $65.00 and this is a women’s only competition. The link to register is crossfitthunder.com/shop/babes-with-barbells.
And finally…. “It doesn’t matter where you finish, only that you finish with integrity and give a solid effort. Leave the box better than when you walked in. Head high and be proud, this stuff is hard!”
Much love, Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Fri, July 14, 2017
by Amy Ash