Updates from the box….
- Colors for a Cure- This year Cabell Huntington Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center have combined their 5k races into one. The event is “Colors for a Cure” and will take place on Sunday Oct. 9 at Pullman Square in Huntington. For the past 3 years CrossFit Huntington has put together a team to participate and show our support. In previous years we have had around 50 participants on our team. Team members can include family and friends who are not members of CFH as well. We will be taking up orders for T-shirts within the next couple of weeks so watch for the signup sheet at the box on the white board. These t-shirts will be pre-paid only. You can add it to your honor charge sheet if you wish to do so. I will get pricing out as soon as it is ready. The link to register is https://pathtothecure.org/
- Our next Foundations group starts Monday Sept. 12 -Please remember to tell your friends and family about CFH. Our best referrals come from each of you. Don’t forget, each time you refer someone new and they sign up for a permanent membership, we reduce your next draft by $25.00.
- Tough Mudders- Tomorrow is the big day. Forecast calls for lots of rain and a guarantee of plenty of MUD! Wish us luck!
- T-shirts and Tanks- We currently have plenty of sizes. Cost for all T’s and tanks is $25.00. See a coach to purchase one today.
- Marshall Marathon- The annual Marshall University Marathon will be held this year on Sunday November 6th. We began a 12 week program to train for this that started on Monday August 1. It is not too late to join us now. We perform interval training on Monday and Thursday during run club times and an additional optional run on Sundays. If you are unable to attend run club during these times, I just ask that you make up each session you miss on your own each week. It will be important that you follow this schedule if you want to stay on track and be ready for this ½ Marathon event. I encourage each of you, whether you have completed a half Marathon event or not, to give this a shot. Mark it off of your bucket list for 2016! See Amy if you have any questions. I would love to see a big team from CFH participate and show our support for The Herd and for our city. The link to register is http://marshalluniversitymarathon.com/registrationpacket-pickup/register/. Cost is $80.00.
- CrossFit Huntington’s Annual Civil War!- This one is for ALL of you. It is now time for ALL of our members to get together for a day of competition, fun, food and family. No matter how long you have been Crossfitting, this day is one that you will never forget. Mark your calendars for Saturday Oct 1 and be a part of the fun. A signup sheet has been posted on the white board at the box. This is a free event and we encourage everyone who can to participate. Please sign up as soon as possible so we can start assigning teams by the middle of Sept. Once team assignments are released, get together with your team, come up with a name and start to strategize on how your team can claim the title of CFH Civil War Champs for 2016.
And finally….CrossFit; the only sport where the loudest cheers are for the last to finish! Keep on cheering CFH!
Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Fri, September 9, 2016
by Amy Ash