Updates from the box….
- Colors for a Cure- It’s not too late to sign up!! This year Cabell Huntington Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center have combined their 5k races into one. The event is “Colors for a Cure” and will take place on Sunday Oct. 9 at Pullman Square in Huntington. For the past 3 years CrossFit Huntington has put together a team to participate and show our support. In previous years we have had around 50 participants on our team. Team members can include family and friends who are not members of CFH as well. T-shirt order was placed on Wednesday September 21. Cost is $15.50 each if you have not already paid. You may write it on your honor charge sheet as well. The link to register is https://pathtothecure.org/
- Our next Foundations group starts Monday Sept. 26th -Please remember to tell your friends and family about CFH. Our best referrals come from each of you. Don’t forget, each time you refer someone new and they sign up for a permanent membership, we reduce your next draft by $25.00.
- T-shirts and Tanks- We still currently have plenty of sizes. Cost for all T’s and tanks is $25.00. See a coach to purchase one today.
- Marshall Marathon- The annual Marshall University Marathon will be held this year on Sunday November 6th. We are currently around 6 weeks out until the race. It is not too late to join us now. We perform interval training on Monday and Thursday during run club times and an additional optional run on Saturday morning or Sunday afternoons. If you are unable to attend run club during these times, I just ask that you make up each session you miss on your own each week. It will be important that you follow this schedule if you want to stay on track and be ready for this ½ Marathon event. I encourage each of you, whether you have completed a half Marathon event or not, to give this a shot. I would love to see a big team from CFH participate and show our support for The Herd and for our city. The link to register is http://marshalluniversitymarathon.com/registrationpacket-pickup/register/. Cost is $80.00.
- CrossFit Huntington’s 3rd Annual Civil War! – Bragging rights are at stake, teams are set, so check Tiger Blood on Facebook to see what team you are assigned to. Each team will need to choose a color and a team name. We will leave it up to you all to do this. Let Jeff know as soon as you have your team name assigned. We will start the fun on Saturday Oct 1 at 9am and hope to finish up by 3pm. A cookout will follow so bring your friends and family out (even if you are not participating) to enjoy this day with us. Believe me, it is ALWAYS a fun day! Jeff and I will provide the hotdogs and hamburgers. A list for sides, drinks, ice, coolers, plastic ware and desserts will be posted at the box today. Please sign up as soon as you can so we can see what all we may need to buy. Best of luck to all of the teams… but I will go ahead and let you know that TEAM 2 will be tough to beat! :)
And finally…. “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” Helen Keller
Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Fri, September 23, 2016
by Amy Ash