Updates from the Box 11/11/16
Updates from the box….
- Massage Therapy is at CFH!- We are currently working with a local massage therapist, Mandi Wilson, to provide this service to our members. She is offering Swedish, deep tissue, sports, prenatal and geriatric massage. Appointments can be scheduled each week by notifying Amy or signing up on the sheet by the whiteboard. Prices per session will be $30.00 for 30 minutes and $60.00 for 1 hour. A discount will be offered to military and first responders with proper ID. She will accept cash and checks only for payment at this time. . Once again, please check the whiteboard for available time slots.
- Marshall Marathon- Congratulations to all of our runners who trained hard and were dedicated throughout our 13 week session. I hope that everyone enjoyed their experience, whether it be your 1st ½ Marathon or not. I saw a group of hard working people come together to cheer one another on right up until the final runner crossed the finish line. I am proud of each and every one of you.
- Run Club- This will start back up next week on Monday November 14 at 5:00pm. We will begin with some team runs so we encourage new runners to join us. For the next few months we will be running outside weather permitting and substituting with rowing when we need to. In March we will begin training for upcoming spring and summer 5K and 10K races and maybe plan some trail runs. Please note this time change for run club starting this upcoming Monday.
- Lost and Found- The lost and found container is getting full once again. If you are missing anything or even if you aren’t, please check the lost and found bin located in the members lounge. I will be cleaning it out next week.
- New Jackets- Jeff is in the process of putting together an order for jackets and possibly hoodies. There is currently a picture on TigerBlood Café of the design. Cost will be approximately $45.00 depending on how many order. This will be a pre-paid order only. We will not be ordering any extra so if you are interested please sign up or let Jeff or Amy know. We will post a deadline soon. You can prepay in cash, credit card, or through your honor charges.
- Macros- The Macro Group is going great and we are getting a lot of positive feedback from those who are participating and are already seeing results. Several people are interested in having another day and time set aside for questions and discussion on this subject. Please let Amy, Jeff or Tom know what day looks best for you all that are interested and we will work on getting something set up soon. Big shout out to those who are faithful to post their results and who have posted change pictures as well.
- Foundations- Our next foundations class will be this upcoming Monday November 14th at 7:00pm. We appreciate all of the referrals you all send our way!
- Fall back into Fitness in November- Remember to tell anyone you see who has not been around the box in a few months about our November special. All former members who have been gone for 3 months or longer can re-join in November and receive the month of December ½ off. Send out a message to anyone who you haven’t seen around in a while and let’s help them get an early start for their 2017 fitness goals!
- Christmas Party- We have a tentative date of Friday December 16th set for our annual Christmas Party. This will open to any member and their friends and family. A signup sheet for food will be posted on the whiteboard soon. We hope to see all of you there!
- Tree Sale- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Tristate hosts an annual Christmas Tree Sale every year. This organization has a lot of special meaning to Jeff and I, as he and his family were a big part of it for many years. He was matched with his “Big Brother” at a young age and they have remained close friends throughout his adult life. Our family has volunteered to sell trees for them for several years now and would like to invite you all to join in with us. There is a sign-up sheet on the white board with times that we still need to fill. Please consider helping work together with this organization.
- Adopted Christmas Families- Much like years past, we will be adopting a family or two to help out this Christmas. As soon as we receive information and needs we will let you all know the details. Once the gifts are brought into the box, we will schedule an evening to wrap them together. We will also need wrapping paper, tape and tags donated for this.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook.
And finally…. Honoring Veterans Day.
Thank you to all of our members who serve and are continuing to serve our Country and protect our Freedoms.
“Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” John 15:13
Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Fri, November 11, 2016
by Amy Ash