updates from the Box 12/05/2016
Updates from the box….
- Massage Therapy is at CFH!- We are still taking weekly appointments with our massage therapist, Mandi Wilson. She is offering Swedish, deep tissue, sports, prenatal and geriatric massage. Appointments can be scheduled each week by notifying Amy or signing up on the sheet by the whiteboard. Prices per session will be $30.00 for 30 minutes and $60.00 for 1 hour. A discount will be offered to military and first responders with proper ID. She will accept cash and checks only for payment at this time. Once again, please check the whiteboard for available time slots.
- Christmas Party- Our annual Christmas Party will be held on Friday December 16th at 7:00pm. This is a big day at CFH as we will also host the Naughty or Nice WOD as well. This WOD will be programmed for the day. We will cancel our regular 7:00pm class in order to start the Christmas Party. Look for a sign up sheet on the whiteboard this week for desserts, drinks, side dishes and paper goods. This will also be the final day to bring in gifts for the 2 families we have adopted for Christmas. The gifts will be wrapped during our party so we will need volunteers for this task.
- Run Club- I will continue to program run club for those of you who wish to continue with interval running, however, we will not have a scheduled “run club” class until early next year. I will let you all know in advance when the class will resume. My plan is to start it early enough that we can begin training for the local 5K’s that usually begin in April.
- Lost and Found- The lost and found container is still very full. Please check it this week and make sure there is not anything in there that you wish to claim. It is located in the member’s lounge area.
- New Jackets- Thank you to everyone who ordered a jacket or sweatshirt. The shipping date is tentatively December 12th. We will keep you posted with any updates that we receive.
- Macros- The Macro Group is going great and we are getting a lot of positive feedback from those who are participating and are already seeing results. The first 9 week session is coming to an end. There are several people who were added later so we will plan to have another talk soon with Coach Tom. Big shout out to those who are faithful to post their results and who have posted change pictures as well. Keep up the good work and let Coach Tom know if you have any questions or wish to be added to the group.
- Foundations- Our next foundations class will be on Monday December 12th at 7:00pm. We appreciate all of the referrals you send our way! For the month of December foundation classes will be free. So help us spread the word and give our friends and family the opportunity to get a head start on their New Year’s goals.
- Naughty or Nice Fundraiser- We have registered as a box to participate in this country wide fund raiser. Registering is easy to do and will only cost you the price of an unwrapped toy that will be donated to our local branch of “Toys for Tots.” The WOD will be posted on Friday December 16th for all class times. This is also a good opportunity to invite friends and family members to come in and try CrossFit. The WOD is super easy and even has a scaled division. We encourage each one of you to register at http://naughtyornice.events. Please reach out to me if you have any questions on how to get registered.
- Tree Sale- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Tristate hosts an annual Christmas Tree Sale every year. This organization has a lot of special meaning to Jeff and I, as he and his family were a big part of it for many years. He was matched with his “Big Brother” at a young age and they have remained close friends throughout his adult life. Thank you to those who have signed up to sell trees on Sunday December 11th.
- Adopted Christmas Families- Much like years past, we have adopted 2 families to help out this Christmas. The list of the kids clothing sizes and gift wishes is posted on TigerBlood Café. We have a few members who have already brought in gifts. There are still many needs that are left. Please considering helping these families out if you can. We will also need wrapping paper, tape and tags donated for this.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook.
And finally…. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Mon, December 5, 2016
by Amy Ash