Updates from the box 12/19/2017
Updates from the box…is back and we have a LOT to talk about!!!
- Yoga with V- Our weekly Yoga classes with V will not be held for the next two weeks due to travel and the holiday season. We will resume this class on Monday January 8th at 5:30p. This 60 minute session is a great way to boost your overall performance, optimize your Range of Motion and accelerate your recovery. Look for weekly posts by V on TigerBlood Café to sign up.
- Foundations – Our next foundations class starts Tuesday January 2nd @ 7pm. Please help spread the word for us by sharing our posts on social media and telling your friends and families about CFH. As always, our best referrals come from our members. We appreciate everyone you have sent to us and continue to refer to us! Also remember, a referral will give you a $25.00 credit toward your membership.
- T-shirts- Our shipment of pre-ordered long-sleeved T-Shirts are in. If you ordered one, they are on the shelf in the lounge with your name on it. We ordered a few extra for those of you who may have missed the pre-sale. Cost is $35.00 each. Look for a new sweatshirt design to come in 2018! We will post something on Tiger Blood as soon as we get things put together.
- Dietitian Appointments- Shanna our Registered Dietitian has asked that I let you all know that in addition to her monthly scheduled appointments, she is also willing to talk with you one on one when you have questions. You can reach her best by sending a message out to her on Facebook. We encourage each of you to take advantage of this FREE addition to your membership.
- 2018 Festivus Games- Spring Festivus Games 2018 are just around the corner. The date is set for April 21st at CFH. The 1st 30 athletes to register will get $10.00 off. We already have a few signed up so don’t wait if you want to take advantage of this offer. Also, if you are one the of 1st 30 athletes to register your t-shirt will be included. Grab a friend and get registered soon! We will only open up to 80 athletes, so spots will sell out quickly. This event will be held on Saturday April 21st, 2018.
- Festivus Volunteers- Jeff will be creating a Facebook group for volunteers for Spring Festivus. I know many of you are planning to sign up to participate, however, if you are not participating we would LOVE to have you volunteer to help. We will need judges, as well as people to help register and do scoring. As usual, we will provide lunch for all of our volunteers. Please let Jeff know soon if you can help so he can add you to the Facebook group page. WE appreciate each one of you so much. Our volunteers are what allows us to continue to hold such successful events each year.
- Operation Kids Christmas- WOW! This is truly what our community is about. We teamed up with CrossFit Barboursville to host our 1st Operation Kids Christmas. Just to make it fun and a little more challenging, we added a little twist to our fundraising efforts. The box that raised the most money to sponsor kids in need in our communities would be awarded the Golden Kettle Bell Award. As all of you know by now, thanks to your generous donations, we were able to raise $4000.00!! This led to us supporting 20 Kids just at CrossFit Huntington! Our combined efforts with CFB came in at $5500.00 on the final day. With this being said, CFH brought the Golden Kettle Bell home to display. Jeff and I appreciate all of the donations from our members. Big shout out to Kidzfit for raising $700.00 on their own through the burpee challenge.
- Run Club- Congratulations again to everyone who ran the Marshall ½ marathon back in November. We had a total of 20 runners, 8 of whom were running their 1st ½ Marathon. I am so proud of each one of you for sticking to the training schedule and for your success in completing such a tough race. I plan to resume run club in early spring so we can begin training for upcoming 5K races and other events. Hopefully for 2018 we can choose a destination ½ Marathon to travel to and complete together!
- Kidzfit!- What a successful program! Big shout out to Coach Teddy and Krista Lambert for getting this program up and running. We began in August and these kids are still going strong! We currently have around 15 kids enrolled with more coming in January. Its amazing to watch the determination and hard work these kids are putting in to each workout. Thank you to all of our parents who are supporting this program and introducing your kids to healthy habits at such a young age. If you haven’t taken time to watch a class, stop in and give them a big cheer! Classes are currently being held on Mondays and Friday @5:30p and 6:15p. Cost is $70.00 per child for members and $85.00 per child for non-members of CFH. Please help us spread the word about this new program!
- Holiday Schedule Changes- For the upcoming Holiday season we will be adjusting our hours somewhat. We will only be hosting 1 class on Sunday December 24th and Sunday December 31st @ 2:00pm. This will be a team WOD. We will be closed on Monday December 25th for Christmas Day and Monday January 1st for New Years Day. This will allow our coaches to spend time with their families and loved ones.
- Baby Shower for Coach Trey and Alexis- We are planning a baby shower for baby Case on Sunday January 14th starting at 1:00pm. We will post reminders on Tiger Blood in the next few weeks. Everyone is invited to attend and help us celebrate the arrival of CFH’s newest member!
- Newest Marshall Graduates!- Congratulations to our newest Marshall Graduates for Fall of 2017 Branson, Becca and Xinyi Xiao! We are proud of your accomplishments and wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
And finally…. This December marks our 4th year of success at CFH. Looking back at where we started from, the hours and long days spent building, brainstorming and coming together to create something that none of us could ever imagine would be as special as it is today. The friendships we have made along the way are priceless to us. We can’t say enough about how much each one of you means to us and we will always treasure our CrossFit Huntington Family. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2018. Here’s to many more years of love, friendships made, and time together doing what we love most! Cheers everyone!
Much love, Amy, Jeff & the rest of the CFH Team!
Posted on Tue, December 19, 2017
by Amy Ash